Wednesday, February 25, 2009

settling in


g'day mates! how are you going? i'm doing really well. i finally rid myself of that horrific cold i had. however, upon the cold leaving, i gained a horrific 2nd degree sunburn from the day we spent at bondi last sunday. it was a beautiful day and i, being the genius that i am, only put sunscreen on my face & shoulders where i normally burn back home. i am, however, extremely close to the sun due to the hole in the ozone layer that is by us and the sun is a heck of a lot stronger here than at home..
i am still recovering from the burns but my legs, back, stomach, and arms will be beautifully tan after the pain subsides. :)

school is going really well. it's a bit overwhelming at times but i'll get the hang of it. i'm taking really neat classes and have great professors. i am in some classes with friends so that makes it a bit easier.
this weekend a group of us are going on a surf trip. i'm so excited. they promise that we'll stand up by the end of the trip. i sure hope so. we're going about 4 hours north of sydney where there are less sharks. i am very excited about that, haha.
i guess there is not much to report on as of late but if any of you have skype, add me. it would be wonderful to talk to you! i hope you're all doing well. i miss you and am thinking about you as i lay on the beach :)
xoxox
dustialynn.

me at bondi beach!! see my sunburn? haha.

some of my friends who went to bondi that day: leon, erik, erika, kristen, kailyn, me, keara.

No comments:

Post a Comment