Friday, March 20, 2009

cairns continued

so, the next day in cairns was another dream come true.
i skydived!!!
it was the best thing i've ever done in. my. life.
we fell 14,000 feet from the sky. 10, 000 of that was free falling which was only 60 seconds long. the rest was a lot smoother of a ride. when the parachute was pulled, he gave me the handles and i steered us in circles around Mission Beach. it was so gorgeous and i'm so blessed to say that i was able to sky dive. skydiving for my 21st birthday was on my bucket list and, although it was a week prior to my actually birthday, i still consider it my present to myself.

i dove with a man named Jean from South Africa. he was really awesome and helped me feel 100% at ease. as we were acending into the air, i was grabbing on to his ankles and i could feel my palms getting sweaty. he was perfectly okay with it and kept asking if i was okay. not only 2 hours before did he dive with my friend, Will, and fall out of the plane.. backwards!! he was a very versatile diver and i'm very glad i got him. i feel like all of the divers would have been the same way. i felt at complete ease and they really love their jobs and it showed. Jean also told me that he has dived with famous people. one of them being Prince Harry!!! he's my favorite prince so when he told me, i was like "i've just touched Prince Harry!" :)

the free fall was unreal. i can't even begin to try to explain it. if you could have the feeling of not feeling anything, that is it. i felt the feeling of nothing. i wasn't scared or worried that my parachute wouldn't deploy, i just couldn't help but smile. there are no words to give it justice but, i felt like a bird looking down on the earth. when i close my eyes i can still see the view. beautiful doesn't give the experience justice but it was beautiful. i was awe stricken.

when i was in the sky it felt like eternity. when i landed it felt like 2 seconds had gone by. the whole thing, from free fall to landing, took a total of 6 minutes. i will definitely be investing in that adventure again.

i got a video to go along with it, so if you'd like to watch it, just ask.
for now, enjoy the pictures :)
xoxox
dustialynn















No comments:

Post a Comment